Sweet, tart, seasonal and satisfying, these 10-ingredient vegan cranberry orange muffins are a perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour + 1 tablespoon for the cranberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Optional: 1 tablespoon course sugar for sprinkling overtop
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and grease and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cranberries with 1 tablespoon of flour until the cranberries are coated in the flour. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) to the blender and blend for a few seconds until mixed together.
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar), and the orange zest to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cranberries into the blender and give it a mix with a spoon or rubber spatula until the cranberries are well incorporated into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly amongst the 12 muffin cups until they are 3/4ths full. Sprinkle the course sugar overtop if using.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then, without opening the oven, reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for another 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the muffins to cool slightly before moving them to a cooling rack to cool for another 5-10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3-4 days. To freeze, cool completely and place in a freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast or Snack
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Sodium: 200mg
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cranberries, orange, Christmas, vegan baking, muffins, dessert, snack, breakfast