This vegan fall harvest salad has kale, maple roasted butternut squash, apples, cranberries, and pecans! It’s simple, healthy, and filling.
For the Salad:
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 bunches of curly kale, large stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 apples, stemmed, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese
For the Maple Apple Cider Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes until the butternut squash is slightly browned and fork-tender. Allow the butternut squash to cool for 15 minutes after pulling it out of the oven.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, make the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the curly kale and pour the dressing overtop. Use clean hands to massage the dressing into the kale for about 30 seconds until all of the kale is well coated. Allow the kale to sit for 15 minutes to soften.
- Add the butternut squash, apples, pecans, cranberries or pomegranate seeds, and vegan feta into the bowl with the kale and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad until you’re ready to serve, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Serving Size: 1 kale salad
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 544mg
- Fat: 27.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: kale, apples, butternut squash, maple syrup, garlic, pecans