If you’re in the market for a colorful, cold, make-ahead meal, this delectable Glass Noodle Salad is what you’ve been looking for. Made with naturally gluten-free Asian vermicelli, a bevy of crunchy veggies, extra-firm tofu, and a deliciously creamy-salty-nutty-sweet dressing, this cold noodle salad is my current dinnertime obsession.
For the Salad:
- 4 oz of glass noodles or rice noodles, or 1 package of Healthy Noodles or Miracle Noodles
- 6 oz extra firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cubed
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or julienned
- 1 green onion stalk, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or mint, chopped
- Optional: 1/4 cup of peanuts, crushed
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, cut into thin rounds
- Optional: lime wedges for serving
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Make the Dressing: Add all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined or shake vigorously in a lidded mason jar. Set aside.
- Cook the Noodles: If you’re using healthy noodles or miracle noodles, first drain and rinse the noodles. Then, sauté them in a pan for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. If you’re using rice noodles or glass noodles, bring a large pot of water to boil. Then, add the noodles and boil for 5-7 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Prep all of the Veggies: Wash and chop all of the veggies, and divide them between the two bowls.
- Top the salad with the noodles, crushed peanuts, jalapeño, and a lime wedge (if using), and pour the dressing over top. Enjoy!
The below nutrition information uses glass noodles for the noodle option and includes the peanuts and jalapeño.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 332mg
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, rice noodles, miracle noodles, tofu