Creamy, comforting, and ready in just 15 minutes, my recipe for Vegan Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is certain to become a family favorite! Made with just 11 ingredients (most of which are pantry staples), this simple one-pot meal is ideal for any busy weeknight.
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 nutritional yeast
- 1/2 - 1 cup plant-based milk*
- 3 cups shredded vegan cheese*
- Add the macaroni, water or vegetable broth, butter, Dijon mustard, and all spices (salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika) to a 6 or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Give everything a quick stir, and then place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to "Sealing." Cook on the manual function at "High Pressure" for 4 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle finishes, do a quick release by turning the valve to "Venting" and release all of the steam.
- Add the milk (starting with 1/2 cup), nutritional yeast, and vegan cheese to the pot and stir until the cheese is melted and creamy. Add more milk if needed to get desired consistency, and adjust any seasonings to your liking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I like using creamier plant-based milk for this recipe such as soy milk or oat milk.
You can use whichever vegan cheese you'd like. Feel free to use a different combination of cheese too!
Store this mac and cheese in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot on the "Saute" function with a splash of milk to rehydrate it.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4 Minute
- Category: Entree
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1.5 cup
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Sodium: 607mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 62.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, macaroni, mustard, butter, garlic powder