What’s better than a classic chocolate chip cookie? A vegan NUTELLA STUFFED cookie that’s thick, chewy, and everything you’re craving!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Nutella (I used Nutiva’s hazelnut spread)
- In teaspoon portions, scoop Nutella onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes until solid. I have this nifty mold that makes perfect disc shapes, but you can always juat use a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With a hand mixture, combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Then, add the milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of dough and flatten it slightly into a disc shape. Place the Nutella in the center and wrap the dough around the Nutella so it is fully sealed. Repeat this process until you use up all of the cookie dough. You should be able to make between 16-18 cookies.
- Place the cookies 2-3 inches apart on your parchment-lined baking sheet. You can top the cookies with more chocolate chips or sea salt if you wish! Bake for 8-12 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
If at any point the Nutella or your cookie dough becomes too sticky and hard to work with, return them to the freezer for about 5-10 minutes until it hardens again.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 13.6g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Nutella, chocolate chip cookies, vegan dessert, treats, chocolate, cookie dough