A super easy recipe for pumpkin soup without stock. You only need one pot and about 30-minutes to whip up this creamy pumpkin soup!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion (3/4 cup), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 cups calabaza pumpkin, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon aji amarillo
- A pinch of marjoram
- 3 cups non-dairy milk (I used soy milk in this recipe)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- While the onions are cooking, halve the pumpkin, scoop out any seeds and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add pumpkin, olive oil, garlic, aji amarillo, and marjoram to the pot. Stir to combine, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, white pepper, nutmeg, thyme, and another pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then place a lid over the pot. Reduce to medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Remove soup from heat and let it cool for 15 minutes. Then, blend until smooth with an immersion blender (see notes).
- Once blended, add coconut cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes until thick.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can also use a stand blender, and blend in batches.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: N/A
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Sodium: 391mg
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: soup, pumpkin, savory