Vegan puppy chow, muddy buddies, reindeer food… whatever you choose to call this chocolate-y sugar-y treat, I've got the recipe for you!
- In a large glass measuring cup, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and vegan butter. Melt in the microwave in 30-second intervals, until the mixture is completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract to the melted chocolate, and stir to combine.
- Add the Chex cereal to a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and mix until all of the cereal is well coated.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time over the Chex, and mix until all of the Chex are coated in powdered sugar. You can also add the chocolate-covered Chex with the powdered sugar to a Ziploc bag, and shake until everything is well coated.
- Let the Chex sit for 10-15 minutes to harden, and enjoy!
You can substitute any other nut butter or sunflower butter in this recipe for peanut butter.
If you want to bring your puppy chow to the next level, feel free to add in:
- Chocolate chips
- Unreal dark chocolate and crispy quinoa gems
- Chopped candy canes (great for a holiday party)
- Peanut butter cups (perfect for using up extra Halloween candy
- Your favorite nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Serving Size: 1 handful
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 24.8g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chocolate, powdered sugar, winter recipes, vegan holiday, puppy chow, muddy buddies