These super moist donuts are baked and topped with a vibrant matcha glaze, moist and delicious on their own or with a glass of milk!
For the donuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups almond milk*
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk*
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease donut tin with coconut spray or vegan butter.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, oat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and set aside.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients (almond milk, applesauce, coconut oil and maple syrup).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisking to combine.
- Spoon batter into a piping bag or Ziploc bag and cut off the corner. Pipe dough into the donut tin.*
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. I cooked the mini donuts for 10 minutes and the standard donuts for 15.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing them.
- While the donuts are cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, matcha powder and almond milk to make the glaze.
- Dip each donut into the matcha glaze and get ready to devour some delicious donuts!
Can substitute almond milk for another dairy-free milk alternative (soy, oat, flax)
Don’t overfill the donut tin or else you will lose the hole in the middle of the donut
I find it best to dip the donuts once in the glaze, allow it to dry, then dip the donuts a second time
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 Standard Donut or 2 Mini Donuts
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 25.8g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Fat: 20.2g
- Saturated Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: baked donuts, matcha, glazed, moist, cinnamon, sweet, indulgent