An easy and refreshing watermelon cucumber lemonade drink recipe that will cool you down on those hot summer days. This recipe is less than 10 ingredients and only 5 steps and has a refined sugar-free option.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup white sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 5 cups of watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 cups filtered water
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Add lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar to a pitcher and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place 4 cups of watermelon, cucumber, and ginger in a blender. Blend on high speed until combined.
- Pour watermelon mixture into a fine-mesh strainer placed over the pitcher. Use a spoon to work through the mixture to make sure every last drop of liquid goes into the pitcher. You might have to work in batches and clean out the pulp in-between each batch.
- Add water, the remaining cup of cubed watermelon, and a few slices of cucumber to the pitcher as well, and give everything another stir.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer so the flavors can really infuse together, and serve over ice with a mint garnish!
If you want to make, this drink refined sugar-free, replace the 1/2 cup of white sugar with 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave.
Depending on your taste buds, add more sugar if you like your drink sweeter or more lemon juice if you like something tangier.
You can easily turn this recipe into a cocktail. When serving, add a shot of your choice to your glass and pour the watermelon cucumber lemonade overtop. I think vodka or tequila would work best in this drink!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Glass
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 38.8g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 0.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 43.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: summer, drink recipe, mocktail, watermelon, lemon, lemonade, cucumber, refreshing