An easy and refreshing watermelon cucumber lemonade drink recipe that will cool you down on those hot summer days. This recipe is less than 10 ingredients and only 5 steps and has a refined sugar-free option.
Name a better pairing than watermelon and summer… The correct answer, a better pairing simply doesn’t exist! There is nothing quite like enjoying a refreshing, juicy watermelon on a hot summer day. Sometimes I eat an entire watermelon in one sitting. Just give me a spoon, and I am good to go. Other times I like to enjoy my watermelon in drink form!
This recipe for watermelon cucumber lemonade is going to give you that watermelon sugar high! It is hydrating from the watermelon, tangy from the lemon, and makes you feel like you’re at a spa from the cucumber. Basically, this is just the perfect summer drink.
How to Make Watermelon Cucumber Lemonade
This recipe is as easy as it gets and has less than 10 ingredients and only 5 steps! Honestly, the hardest part of this recipe is slicing and dicing up the watermelon. After you have your watermelon ready to go, this is all you have to do:
- Add lime juice, lemon juice, and sugar to a pitcher and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place 4 cups of watermelon, cucumber, and ginger in a blender. Blend on high speed until combined.
- Pour watermelon mixture into a fine-mesh strainer placed over the pitcher. Use a spoon to work through the mixture to make sure every last drop of liquid goes into the pitcher. You might have to work in batches and clean out the pulp in-between each batch.
- Add water, the remaining cup of cubed watermelon, and a few slices of cucumber to the pitcher as well, and give everything another stir.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer so the flavors can really infuse together, and serve over ice with a mint garnish!
Level Up Your Watermelon Lemonade
This cucumber watermelon lemonade is perfect as is, but there are a couple of things you can do to make a drink that’s on a whole other level:
Pick the best watermelon you can find: The better the watermelon, the better your drink will be. There are three main things to look for when selecting a watermelon: the field spot, the webbing, the stem, and the shape.
- The large, discolored spot on a watermelon is called a field spot. This is where the watermelon sat on the ground as it grew. Spots that are a creamy yellow as opposed to white tend to mean sweeter watermelon.
- Webbing is the brown scaring that occurs where the watermelon was pollinated. More webbing means a sweeter watermelon!
- A stem is another indicator of the sweetness of a watermelon. Look for a stem that is dried and brown. This means the watermelon is ripe and ready! A green stem means it was picked too early.
- Finally, the rounder watermelons, the sweeter they are. Pick a watermelon that is more round in size as opposed to tall and oblong.
Make this drink refined sugar-free! If you’re looking for a healthier option, replace the 1/2 cup of white sugar with 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave.
Turn this drink from a mocktail to a cocktail! Sometimes a regular drink just doesn’t do it. You can easily turn this recipe into a cocktail. When serving, add a shot of your choice to your glass and pour the watermelon cucumber lemonade overtop. I think vodka or tequila would work best in this drink!
Add watermelon balls to the pitcher using a melon baller. In the recipe, I mention saving 1 cup of the diced watermelon for the pitcher in this recipe, but if you want to really impress, use a melon baller! It makes these adorable balls that look like you put extra effort into the drink. This is the melon baller I have that is easy to use, and only $4.
Hopefully, you’ll be sipping on this watermelon cucumber lemonade all summer long because it’s
- Super tasty
Let me know if you try this drink recipe, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.
More Best Served Vegan Recipes:
- Spiked Mulled Cider with Bourbon
- Coffee Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Bars
- Baked Matcha Donuts
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Baked Glazed Matcha Donuts
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites