With a creamy vanilla lavender inside dipped in crunchy chocolate, these dairy-free vegan chocolate dipped ice cream bars are the perfect summer treat and less than 10 ingredients!
Ice cream bars are always filled with so much nostalgia. I always remember as a kid, I used to love going over to my one friend's house in the summer because she was right on the ice cream truck route. We would play outside all day long, just waiting to hear the classic ice cream truck jingle close.
My favorite ice cream bars were always the ones dipped in chocolate. The creamy inner layer with a crunchy outside was a combo that no other ice cream or popsicle could ever compete with!
In honor of the warmer weather and summer season, I decided to develop a more elevated recipe for a classic summer treat - lavender vegan ice cream bars dipped in chocolate!
Ingredients Needed for this Recipe
Most likely you already have all of the ingredients you need to make these vegan ice cream bars! There are only 8 ingredients total:
- Coconut cream
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Food-grade lavender (fresh or dried)
- Vegan chocolate (I always use the Enjoy Life brand)
- Cherry concentrate or purple food coloring for a beautiful purple color
In addition to the ingredients, you'll also need an ice cream mold and popsicle sticks. I have a mini mold that makes the most adorable ice cream bars that are the perfect serving size for me. If you use a mini mold, this recipe makes 8 mini ice cream bars. Finally, parchment paper is necessary to let your ice cream bars rest on to harden after dipping them in chocolate.
How to Make Vegan Ice Cream Bars Dipped in Chocolate
These vegan chocolate dipped ice cream bars require some planning ahead, but the actual hands on time to make them is only about 10 minutes. You are only 10 steps away from enjoying your creamy treat:
- The night before you plan on making your ice cream bars, soak the cashews in a bowl of water and place the coconut cream in your refrigerator. This will allow the liquid to separate from the solid part of the coconut cream.
- The next day, add the drained cashews, coconut cream (only the solid part), maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil to a high-speed blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lavender and the color option of your choice to the blender, and blend again for about 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle some lavender into the bottom of the ice cream molds, and pour the ice cream mixture over the top. Shake the molds to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the mold cover or plastic wrap over the top of the ice cream bars, and put them in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Check on the ice cream bars by gently pressing on them. If they feel solid, you can start melting the chocolate. If not, let them sit in the freezer for another 30 minutes or until solid.
- Place the chocolate into a mason jar or tall glass that you will be able to dip the ice cream bars into. Then, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes before dipping your ice cream bars.
- Working one bar at a time, dip your ice cream bars into the melted chocolate and place them on the parchment paper to harden. It is completely up to you how you want to dip the ice cream bars. You can fully dip them, dip them halfway, or dip them at an angle as I did.
- Optional: drizzle colored chocolate or royal icing on top.
These vegan ice cream bars are the best summer treat because they are
- Vegan and dairy-free
- Less than 10 ingredients
- A fun kid-friendly recipe
Let me know if you try out this vegan chocolate dipped ice cream bar recipe, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.
Try More Yummy Treats:
- Coffee Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Bars
- Raspberry Custard Tart
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Baked Glazed Matcha Donuts
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites