This vegan whipped feta only has only 6 ingredients! This dip comes together in 5 minutes but looks and tastes totally gourmet. It has a creamy, yet tangy flavor that is addicting, and it is the perfect sharable appetizer for any party or gathering.
Before I went vegan I was no joke ADDICTED to cheese! Smoked gouda, brie, Havarti, you name it, I’ve eaten it. I enjoy cheese sprinkled over pasta, on a charcuterie board, in dip form, or on its own!
Is it clear yet just how much I love cheese?
Once I made the leap into the vegan lifestyle, I went on a long (and expensive!) journey trying to find the perfect vegan cheese to satisfy my cravings. I have had a lot of misses and some successes.
A specific cheese that hit it out of the park for me was Violife’s vegan feta block. It is totally reminiscent of real feta and can be used in so many ways. One way I have been loving it lately is in dip form! It is the perfect snack to dip veggies or crackers in, or would totally be a hit as an appetizer at any party or gathering for both vegans and non-vegans.
If you’re a cheese-oholic like me, this vegan whipped feta dip miiiight just fuel your addiction even more!
Whipped Feta Ingredients
Many of these ingredients are vegan staples so you may already have some of these on hand!
- Vegan feta – If you’re wondering where the heck to get vegan feta, I recommend looking for a brand called Violife (more on that below). It’s super tasty, relatively affordable (it usually lasts me a good while) and can be found in many major grocery stores nowadays. That said, you can also swap out the feta for really any vegan cheese, like mozzarella or ricotta.
- Vegan yogurt or sour cream – You can whip up your own vegan sour cream with cashews, or you can look for vegan yogurt in stores. You want to look for a plain (unsweetened) Greek-style yogurt if possible. Brands you might try include Forager, Nancy’s, Oatly, and Kite Hill, though there plenty others. If you really like a tangy flavor, then go for sour cream; if you prefer a silkier, mild flavor, then yogurt is a better bet. That said, some plain yogurts and sour creams can be rather similar in taste and texture.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is rich in healthy monosaturated fats and also has potent anti-inflammatory properties. There’s a reason why it’s a staple of Mediterranean cuisine and also why the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest ways of eating (after a healthy vegan diet). That said, it’s best in moderation, or better to consume whole olives if you want to be as healthy as possible.
- Garlic – Garlic is part of the allium family, which includes onion. You might not know, but these foods contain super healthy compounds. Garlic in particular, contains sulfur compounds that may help reduce blood pressure and even lessen the severity of colds and flus.
- Lemon zest – Lemons are not just aesthetically pleasing, with their bright yellow hue, but also tremendous additions to our diets thanks to their health benefits. Chiefly among them? High amounts of vitamin C, which help us absorb iron and have a strong immune system.
- Black pepper – Black pepper is anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants! Fresh cracked is best because it’s more aromatic and thus more flavorful.
What is the Best Vegan Feta?
Sometimes I have these recipe articles where I talk about what is the best “so-and-so.” And sometimes it’s really hard to pick!
But I can tell you right now, when it comes to the best vegan feta this is a no-brainer for me!
Violife. V-I-O-L-I-F-E. They have really perfected a vegan, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Greek-style white cheese. It is wonderful, and I know because even my non-vegan friends love it haha.
Fortunately, it’s becoming easier to find so be sure to check your local grocery stores!
What do I Serve Whipped Feta with?
One of my favorite things about this whipped feta dip is how downright versatile it is! Here are some ways that you can serve it or use it:
- As a snack with pita or pita chips
- With an array of veggies
- As an appetizer with crackers
- As part of a vegan charcuterie board
- With the viral TikTok pasta chips
- On a salad
- Spead on toast (add roasted tomatoes to take it to the next level!)
- On top of a buddha bowl (like this one here)
- As a spread on a sandwich or wrap
- On top of a vegetable side dish
You can also experiment with the following add-ins:
1 teaspoon of…
- Sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A spoonful of marinated olives
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios
Trust me, your guests will be blown away by how fancy and delicious this whipped feta dip is, especially as part of a nice vegan charcuterie board!
Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. You might need to scrape down the sides of the food processor and continue processing until completely combined.
- Add any additional ingredients and pulse them in the food processor with the whipped feta until incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, make a swirl in the top with the back of a spoon, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs, pepper, sesame seeds, really you cannot go wrong here!
- Serve with fresh-cut veggies, pita bread, crostini, or chips!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This is a perfect recipe for a quick and easy dip anytime you want one. It’s addictive, eminently shareable, and your non-vegan friends will be none the wiser! This recipe is…
- Delicious – This whipped vegan feta recipe is downright addictive! I’ve had tons of non-vegan friends who can’t get enough of it.
- Easy – This recipe includes just six ingredients, and four quick steps, and is ready in a mere five minutes! Plus, it’s easy to make a large quantity if you’re having a lot of guests over or want to make extra for later (which you will, trust me!).
- Customizable – You can try all kinds of add-ins and garnishes and also mix up how you use this! It’s super customizable, which helps keep things fresh.
Let me know if you try out this recipe for vegan whipped feta dip, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.