These sweet maple roasted carrots are full of fall flavor and a delicious addition to any dinner spread like Thanksgiving or Christmas!
I knew this year that I wanted to get the Best Served Vegan recipe archive filled with yummy vegan appetizers, mains, side dishes, and desserts for the holiday season. Let's be honest, sometimes being vegan during the holidays can be tough. Most holidays revolve around food, and as a vegan, you want to join in on all the fun while still maintaining your vegan lifestyle.
So say hello to one of many dishes you can bring to a holiday dinner that vegans and non-vegans will love - maple roasted carrots. These look like fall on a plate! The rainbow carrots have a beautiful color and are dripping with a maple glaze. This side dish is sure to be the prettiest thing in your Thanksgiving spread!
P.S. I have LOTS more holiday-themed recipes like apple cinnamon rolls that would be perfect on Christmas morning or pumpkin pasta that would be a great main option for Thanksgiving! And who wouldn't want to start any holiday gathering with some stuffed fried olives?!
Vegan Maple Glazed Carrots Ingredients
This recipe is a simple side that only requires ten ingredients (11 if you want an extra kick):
- Rainbow Carrots - The star of the show are rainbow carrots! Carrots are high in vitamin A and fiber so you can feel good eating them. Plus, rainbow carrots just look gorgous glistening in the maple glaze when plated!
- Vegan Butter - Any vegan butter will do in this recipe. Miyoko’s and Earth Balance are always easy to find at your local grocery store.
- Vegetable Broth - The carrots will roast with the vegetable broth and infuse with the yummy flavor!
- White Wine - I love cooking with wine because it enhances the flavor of the dish. When choosing a white wine to cook with you want something dry that will compliment the food, not overtake it. I typically go for a Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon, or Chardonnay!
- Maple Syrup - The second star of the show has to be the maple syrup. It gives the carrots a beautifully sweet taste.
- Coriander, Nutmeg, White Pepper, Onion Powder, and Salt - This combination of spices perfectly compliments the carrots and maple syrup to give this dish the feeling of fall!
- Fresh Rosemary - I like adding fresh rosemary to the baking dish as the carrots roast to infuse them with the rosemary flavor. When you take the carrots out of the oven you simply remove them.
- Sriracha - If you don't like sriracha you can omit it from the recipe, but I would highly recomend using it. The recipe only calls for ½ teaspoon, and it is the secret ingredient that amplifies the flavors of the maple glaze.
How to Roast Carrots
Roasting carrots is a simple, six-step process:
- First prep your carrots by cleaning and peeling them, and preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the vegetable broth and white wine. Set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, coriander, nutmeg, white pepper, onion powder, salt, and sriracha if using.
- I like to grill my carrots on a cast iron grill pan before roasting them to get a smoky flavor and beautiful grill marks on the carrots. If you are short on time and want a really hands-off recipe, then you can skip this step.
- Add the vegetable broth and white wine to the grill pan or a normal cast iron if you're skipping the grilling step with the carrots.
- Cover the carrots with tin foil and place them in the oven for 20 minutes until the carrots are fork-tender.
Try to look for a bunch of rainbow carrots that are similar in size. This will ensure that all of the carrots cook through all at the same time.
While on the topic of the carrots, you don't have to use rainbow carrots if you don't want to or can't find them at your local grocery store. A bunch of classic orange carrots will work in this recipe too. I just love the color of the rainbow carrots, and they feel festive to me.
If you want to save time on the actual day that you are making this recipe, prep the carrots ahead of time. You can wash and peel the carrots beforehand and place them in your refrigerator until you're ready to get cooking!
These maple roasted carrots are delicious on their own but also pair wonderfully with a bunch of garnish options. Here are some of my favorite garnishes for this recipe:
- Fresh parsley
- Green onions
- Pomegranate seeds
- Flakey sea salt
- Tahini sauce
- Vegan tzatziki
- Vegan herb butter
Let me know if you try out this recipe for maple glazed carrots, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.
Check Out More Vegan Recipes Below:
- Pumpkin Pasta
- Vegan Herb Butter
- Pumpkin Soup
- Beyond Beef Shepherd's Pie
- Creamy Broccoli Leek Soup
- Beyond Sausage Paella
- Grilled Tofu Burgers
- Lemon Orzo Soup
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Apple Pancakes
- Sugar-Free Apple Crisp
- Classic Pierogies