This recipe for vegan pigs in a blanket is the perfect snack or appetizer to bring to a party like the 4th of July or a summer BBQ!
When summer finally rolls around, I’m always making different types of finger food! I enjoy eating a little of a lot of different things (yes, grazing boards are where I thrive). Whether I’m hanging at the beach, going on a hike, or hosting a summer BBQ, bite-sized snacks make every event so much easier.
When I was deciding which Fourth of July inspired recipes to make, I knew I wanted every dish to be shareable, snackable, and bite-sized! Instantly, vegan pigs in a blanket popped into my mind, because they are a classic appetizer that are always in any party spread.
This vegan pigs in a blanket recipe has a couple of things going for it:
- No one will ever really know they are even vegan.
- They look way fancier than they actually are and take little effort and only 4 ingredients to make.
Ingredients for Vegan Pigs in a Blanket
As I mentioned this recipe is SO darn easy. If you think you have zero cooking or baking skills, this is the recipe to impress your friends with! Here are the four ingredients you’ll need:
- 16 vegan hot dogs (I got 2 packages of the Lightlife Smart Dogs)
- 2 packages (8 each) of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning
- Cooking oil spray
How to Make Vegan Pigs in a Blanket
Once you have all four of your ingredients gathered, this recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes of oven time:
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each hot dog in half, so you are left with 16 mini dogs.
- Unroll the crescent rolls, and slice each triangle in half until you have 16 crescent triangles.
- Begining on the large end of the dough, wrap each hot dog, and place it on the baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the pigs in a blanket with oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pigs in a blanket are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dips!
You need to try these vegan pigs in a blanket because they are:
- Easy to make
- Meaty without the meat
- Less than 5 ingredients
- The perfect appetizer or party snack
Let me know if you try out this recipe, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.
Check Out More Best Served Vegan Goodies:
- Vegan Fried Olives Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Garlic
- Vegan Garlic Aioli
- Vegan Ice Cream Bars Dipped in Chocolate
- Coffee Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Protein Cookie Dough Bites
- Vegan Mushroom Ceviche
- Three Homemade Popcorn Seasonings
- Beginner Vegan Tips
- Vegan vs. Vegetarian vs. Plant-Based