A guide for the best vegan Starbucks drinks. From vegan Frappuccino's to low-calorie drinks, get ready to find your new favorite drink!
Vegan and Dairy-Free Milks
Most Starbucks locations have four milk alternatives for my vegan and dairy-free friends to choose from:
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Oatmilk (recently added as a permanent menu option!!)
- Soy milk
Vegan and Dairy-Free Syrups
There are plenty of vegan syrup options at Starbucks that you can order for added flavor in your drink:
- Almond syrup
- Caramel/sugar-free caramel (not the caramel drizzle)
- Gingerbread syrup (seasonal)
- Hazelnut/sugar-free hazelnut syrup
- Macadamia syrup
- Mocha syrup
- Peach syrup
- Simple syrup
- Toffee-nut syrup
- Vanilla Syrup
Non-Vegan Starbucks Ingredients to Avoid
Below is the list of ingredients you should avoid when trying to order a vegan drink:
- Anything with pumpkin spice
- Caramel brulee
- Caramel drizzle
- Chai mix
- Cinnamon dulce topping
- Cloud foam
- Java chips
- Protein powder
- White mocha
- Whipped cream
The Best Vegan Drinks to Order at Starbucks
I want to provide you with some drinks you might not have thought of ordering from Starbucks before if you're vegan or dairy-free. Obviously, you can order the classic drinks (coffee, nitro cold brews, lattes, teas, lemonades, etc.) and make them vegan by requesting dairy-free milk and ensuring none of the syrups and/or add-ins I listed above aren't in them.
Here is my list for the best vegan drinks to order at Starbucks:
- The Pink Drink: This drink is vegan as is and is a strawberry açaí refresher mixed with coconut milk and passion fruit.
- Matcha Lemonade: Another drink that is vegan as is! The matcha lemonade combines Teavana matcha green tea with crisp lemonade.
- Caramel Macchiato: My go-to Starbucks drink that can be ordered hot or iced. Just make sure to request dairy-free milk and no caramel drizzle.
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte or Frappuccino: A spicy cinnamon drink that can be made hot or as a frappucino. Be sure to order with dairy-free milk and no whipped cream, and no cinnamon dolce topping.
- Cinnamon Almond Foam Cold Brew: A coffee drink that is vegan as is and very low in calories!
- Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso: Blonde espresso mixed with cinnamon, brown sugar, and oat milk. What more do you need to cool you off on a warm day?
- Strawberry Creme Frappuccino: This drink wasn't always able to be made vegan as the coloring came from crushed beetles, but Starbucks did away with that, and the drink now gets its color from lycopene. Remember to order this with dairy-free milk and no whipped cream.
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher: As the name suggests, this drink is very refreshing and has real fruit juice, whole blackberries shaken, and green coffee extract to boost natural energy!
- Iced Golden Ginger Drink: This drink is already vegan because it is prepared with coconut milk. It is a mixture of turmeric, pineapple, and ginger.
- Hot Chocolate: Starbucks' classic hot chocolate is made with mocha syrup as opposed to real chocolate. All you have to do is order it with dairy-free milk and no whipped cream, and you're good to go!
- Peppermint Mocha: A seasonal drink that tastes like Christmas in a cup!
- Chestnut Praline Latte: I discovered this drink last holiday season and was so glad I did! It is full of spices and the perfect warm and cozy drink.
The Best Vegan Drinks on Starbuck's Secret Menu
Did you know that Starbucks has a secret menu?! Yes, it's true, and it has plenty of vegan options too:
- London Fog: Ask for an earl grey tea misto with the milk of your choice and two pumps of vanilla.
- Chocolate Turtle Latte: Order a latte with the dairy-free milk of your choice and add a pump of toffee nut syrup and a pump of mocha syrup.
- Captain Crunch Frappuccino: A drink to bring back all of the nostalgic memories! Request a Strawberry Creme Frappuccino with dairy-free milk, one pump of hazelnut, one pump of toffee nut, and one pump of caramel syrup.
- Nutella Frappuccino: Ask for the mocha frappuccino with dairy-free milk, two pumps of hazelnut syrup, and no whipped cream.
- Mojito Refresher: To get this refreshing drink, order a cool lime refresher with one pump of classic syrup and one pump of peppermint syrup.
Vegan Food Options at Starbucks
Starbucks doesn't stop at drinks. They also have vegan food options! From breakfast to snacks, here are the vegan food options at Starbucks:
- Impossible Breakfast Sandwich: A new addition to the Starbucks lineup, the Impossible Breakfast Sandwich! As is, the sandwich comes with egg and cheese, but you can request it without.
- Cinnamon raisin, plain, everything, and sprouted grain bagels: Starbucks doesn't have vegan cream cheese yet (fingers crossed), but I like to order a bagel with their avocado or almond butter spread.
- Classic and Blueberry Oatmeal: A hearty breakfast option that comes vegan as is!
- Chickpea Bites & Avocado Protein Box: A fully plant-based box with chickpea bites, snap peas, mini carrots, dried cranberries, mixed nuts, and avocado spread!
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl With Brown Rice: A great grab-and-go lunch option with lentils, butternut squash roasted tomatoes, and brown rice.
- Kind Bars: Some of the Kind Bars have honey or milk chocolate, so check the label before buying!
- That's It Fruit Bars
- Hippeas White Cheddar Puffs
- Squirrel Brand Nuts
- Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Peter Rabbit's Fruit Purees
- Sea Salt Chips
- Emmy’s Organic Coconut Cookies
Check Out Some of My Other Blog Posts
- Which Popcorn Brands Are Vegan?
- Vegan Products to Add to Your Trader Joe's Shopping List
- Just Egg Review