These strawberry banana popsicles are the perfect blend of creamy and fruity! You need just 5 ingredients and then pop these in the freezer for a cool treat you’ll be making all summer long.
Does it get much better or more fun than a delicious fruity popsicle on a hot day? Indulge the kid in you with this vegan recipe for easy, creamy, fruity strawberry banana popsicles! They are basically like a strawberry banana smoothie but in popsicle form.
You’ll love how easy these are to make! You’ll just have to be patient while they freeze and then you’re in business.
So, read on to learn how to make my family's favorite strawberry banana popsicles!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Popsicle Ingredients
- Fresh strawberries – Did you know that the strawberry we all eat today is actually a European hybrid of two other varieties (Chilean and North American)? These delicious, bright red berries pack a ton of vitamin C and manganese and they’re also a good source of folate (B9) and potassium. They’re also rich in antioxidants!
- Fresh bananas – The humble banana is a nutrition superstar! They also don’t break the bank, which helps offset the fact that strawberries can be a bit expensive. Well known for containing potassium, did you know that bananas also contain 12% daily value of vitamin C? They really do it all!
- Vegan vanilla yogurt – Vegan yogurt contains the same benefits as dairy yogurt—like probiotics—but without any of the cruelty! Plus, they tend to be easier to digest since they are lactose-free. The yogurt in this recipe will help make your popsicles deliciously creamy!
- Plant-based milk – While you can simply choose your preferred plant milk, you may get a richer beverage if you opt for a creamier plant milk rather than one that’s more “thin,” i.e. more watery. You might try oatmilk or coconut milk, for example. While coconut milk is quite rich, it does contain many beneficial nutrients.
- Maple syrup – Maple syrup is a delicious sweetener, as we all know from pancakes. That said, it’s a great vegan sweetener in general. While it might not necessarily be all that much healthier than regular sugar, it does at least contain some minerals and antioxidants, including high amounts of manganese and zinc.
What Additions Can I Make to These Popsicles?
For extra fancy popsicles, try thinly slicing a few strawberries and putting them into the popsicle molds before pouring the blended mixture into the molds.
And if you want an even more indulgent treat, once the popsicle molds are frozen dip them in melted chocolate mixed with a tiny bit of melted coconut oil! Then place them back in the freezer on a plate for ten minutes to set.
You can also add more maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter popsicle. The sweetness level will also depend on the ripeness of the bananas that you use.
What is the Best Popsicle Mold?
I generally prefer silicone molds (like this one I own) because they tend to have more give when you want to remove the popsicles. Take care though when you fill them. I suggest placing them on a small baking tray that will fit into your freezer before you fill them so that they don’t spill everywhere.
If you’re having trouble getting the popsicles out once they’re frozen, simply run the bottom of the mold in warm water until they loosen up.
And if you don’t have popsicles molds and still want to make these, no worries! You can just use paper cups instead.
Step-by-Step Recipe Instructions
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold, leaving a little room for the popsicles to expand.
- Place popsicle sticks in the center and freeze for 4-6 hours or until solid.
- When ready to serve, run the popsicles mold under warm water to remove the popsicles from the mold.
- Store in your freezer for up to 3 months!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I just know you’ll love this recipe for my strawberry banana popsicles. They’re naturally sweetened, cold and creamy, and deliciously fruity!
- It’s refined sugar-free – This recipe doesn’t have any added sugar. This way you and your entire family can enjoy a wonderful frozen treat that delivers the natural sweetness of fruit in a delicious package.
- It’s simple – These popsicles are so easy to whip together, and you only have to wait as long as they take to freeze!
- It’s delicious – Strawberries and banana are a classic combination for a reason! The banana provides the creaminess, and the strawberry provides a delicious tart sweetness!
- It’s perfect for hot weather – Indulge the kid in you by cooling down with a deliciously frosty popsicle when the weather heats up. And it’s guaranteed you’ll be the hero of any hot weather get-together when you show up with these!
Try more vegan dessert recipes below:
- Lemon poppy seed donuts
- Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Pomegranate chocolate tart
- Raspberry custard tart
- Matcha glazed donuts
- Millionaire shortbread bars
- Chocolate dipped ice cream bars
- Refined sugar-free apple crisp
- Pumpkin pie bars
- Gingersnap cookies