Celebrate the fall season with this easy recipe for vegan apple pancakes! These pancakes are full of apples, cinnamon, and vanilla, and take less than 30 minutes to make.
When you’re looking for a breakfast that’s on the sweeter side, these vegan apple pancakes are the answer to your prayers! I seriously wish you could try a bite of these bad boys right now through the screen. They are everything you could want in a pancake. They’re fluffy, buttery, perfectly spiced, and just melt in your mouth delicious!
To celebrate apple season, we’re going full fall mode with this recipe. But, of course, these pancakes aren’t just any ol’ pancakes. No, they’re pancakes filled with fall spices, grated apples, and an optional sautéed apple topping!
What do You Need to Make Vegan Pancakes?
I’m a big breakfast girl, but I’m also sometimes a lazy breakfast girl. That is exactly why I love a good breakfast that has ten ingredients or less. Bonus points for being a lot of pantry staple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand. Here are all of the ingredients you’ll need to make these vegan apple pancakes:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Plant-based milk
- Apple sauce
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vanilla extract
- An apple of your choice
If you’re looking for a decadent breakfast experience, I highly recommend making the sautéed apple topping too! It’s made from:
- A diced apple
- Vegan butter
- Maple syrup
Steps to Make Vegan Pancakes
In just 30-minutes, you’ll be enjoying a hot plate full of vegan apple pancakes!
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (milk, applesauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract). Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt).
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until well-combined. Be careful not to over mix because your pancakes won’t be as fluffy.
- Fold the grated apples into your pancake mixture. Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes to rise.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is heated through, scoop 1/3 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Optional: To make the apple topping, combine the diced apple, water, butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the apples for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until the water has evaporated and the apples are fork-tender.
These are my top tips when making any pancake recipe:
- Don’t overmix your pancake batter. Instead, stir the batter just until everything is incorporated. You are sure to get fluffy pancakes if you don’t overmix your batter!
- Measure the batter so every pancake is the same size and cooks evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat for 1 minute, and add more oil to grease the pan in between each pancake. By doing this, you’ll ensure that none of your pancakes will cook too quickly or burn!
Which apples do you use in apple pancakes?
For this recipe, I prefer either Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, or Granny Smith apples. I like these three because each of them is the perfect balance of tart and sweet. They also hold up well in the cooking process.
How do you know when to flip your pancakes?
Let the pancakes do all the talking here! They will tell you when they are ready when the center of the pancake starts to bubble a little. You can peak at the underside of the pancake to see if it is looking golden brown. Then, just go for the flip, with no hesitation!
Can you freeze pancakes?
Absolutely! Pancakes are an easy breakfast to meal prep ahead of time and enjoy again and again. I like doubling or even tripling this recipe so I have extra pancakes to freeze. They can be stored in your freezer for up to three months in a freezer-safe container or baggie. When you are ready to eat them, heat them up in the microwave.
I just know that these pancakes are going to be on repeat for you for the entire fall season because they’re:
- Made in only 30-minutes
Let me know if you try out these vegan apple pancakes, and if you do, I would love it if you left a rating and review below! Make sure you are also following along on Instagram and Pinterest for more food inspiration.
Other yummy vegan breakfast recipes:
- Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Coffee Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- Strawberry Rosemary Scones
- Vegan French Toast with Just Egg
- Vegan Breakfast Hash in a Skillet
- Just Egg Review
Or check out the Best Served Vegan blog here for lots of vegan tips and tricks!Print